the noise sounded like the calipers were not releasing. the failure mileage was 51,000 and the current mileage was 64,000. the approximate failure mileage was 60,000. the failure occurred intermittently at highway speeds. the manufacturer was notified of the problem. i'm about to loose it! what was found was an instrument cluster defect that was changed out after a four day waiting period to receive the part. it was a shearing impact, not a side impact. this became hazardous when i was trying to come out of a parking lot onto a busy street and the forward propulsion would hesitate closing the safe gap between oncoming cars and myself. The dealer replaced the mechatronics unit but the stalling continued. finally would go in gear when you shift as you start it but then wouldn't go any faster than 30-35mph RPM's would only wrap up. xDrive60 Sedan. The approximate failure mileage was 51,000 and the current mileage was 51,487. Research, browse, save, and share from 257 Accord models in Paramus, NJ. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: ALASKA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, IDAHO, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, MONTANA, NEBRASKA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH DAKOTA, UTAH, VERMONT, WEST VIRGINIA, WISCONSIN, AND WYOMING. a police report was filed and pictures taken of the gear shift showing the car to be in park. Transmission seems to slip and sputter while downshifting. no one was harmed. /BitsPerComponent 8 Getting Started - Prepare for the transmission fluid level check, 2. Was: $1,300.99. If your car is leaking a small amount of power steering fluid - see this video on how to fix the leak, The burnt out tail light: classic reason for a cop to pull you over - change yours now. Dealership did diagnostic, found throttle body bad. the harness was pulled apart and the faulty section wire was repaired. of the 3500 miles, 2000 was on our trip. this didn't happen again for several months until a similar occurrence yesterday. therefore, i have lived with the condition since then. i picked up the car on friday april 8, 2011. i left the auto repair shop, drove approx 20 miles when i noticed the same problem starting. the contact mentioned that the failure occurred intermittently. the rpms would not go above 1000. the throttle body was replaced and now the vehicle drives fine. The contact owns a 2005 Mercury Montego. the consumer wants to know the result of his complaint. the vehicle was diagnosed by a certified mechanic who stated the transmission would need to be replaced. This is a well known issue that Ford needs to recall. have brought car to dealer 3 times and they say they cannot replicate and checked computer codes and found nothing wrong this is an accident waiting to happen. The contact owns a 2005 Mercury Montego. I took it in to be looked at in April of 2012. jerking between gears and kicking back really hard. the failure mileage was approximately 90,000. the vin was not available. We then could put in in reverse or drive but it wouldn't go much over 30-35 mph. Drove car home day before, seemed fine. car is currently @ local repair shop, estimate of $850.00 to repair. with both of these occurrences the " fail safe mode" message appeared. after braking and slowing it again shifts back into drive. it has already bounced open once while i was in motion on ny state route 434. i also have spent a great amount of time trying to shut my door for the past 4 days before and after every trip once i am parked. DEALERS WILL INSTALL A SHIELD OVER THE FRONT LATCHES; SEAL A DRAIN HOLE IN THE REAR WINDOW TRIM MOLDING ON THE FREESTYLE REAR SIDE DOORS; AND APPLY GREASE TO ALL FRONT AND REAR SIDE-DOOR LATCH MECHANISMS FREE OF CHARGE. this is a ongoing issue and is very dangerous. i was told it was the throttle body. the wrench symbol light came on at this time. The vehicle was then driven to a mechanic shop who ran a diagnostic test and a road test on the vehicle. The cars around you abruptly try to avoid your sudden decrease of speed. i only heard the grinding noise. The right stop leak product can cure a lot 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL 3.0L V6 See all videos for the 2005 Mercury Montego there was on or about 3500 miles on vehicle since time of cleaning to repair. More Info. are you guys waiting for people to die because of this, will that get your attention? What will it take to get Ford, Mercury to rectify this known issue? The contact stated that while driving at various speeds up or downhill, the transmission would jerk when down shifting. Tl*the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. We basically do not trust the car to travel any where because it is unsafe. THE SIDE DOOR LATCH MECHANISMS MAY EXPERIENCE WATER INTRUSION ALLOWING THE LATCH MECHANISM TO FREEZE IN COLD WEATHER. .it is over a 600.00 repair..i googled and others have the same problem. the rear driver's side door was bent over double with the liberty's license plate wedged in the middle. Tl* the contact owns 2005 mercury montego . at 196 miles the dealer replaced the rotors and pads. Drivers Drivers who are shopping around for a used Mercury vehicle may want to check out cars under their certified pre-owned program. the tire had bubbled in several places along the inner rim. endobj drive and reverse. 3 0 obj it is a matter of time before this defective transmission fails to operate and causes a serious accident in one of these vehicles. while driving approximately 35 mph, the transmission began to slip violently in a jerking motion. the vehicle was not repaired. If you have a flashing check engine light, turn off the engine immediately to prevent potential motor damage. The failure and current mileage was 160,000. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego premier. The alternator was replaced, due to what we thought was a bad battery. *tr. while driving approximately 60 mph the vehicle began to jerk forward and decelerate while depressing the accelerator pedal. also the vehicle would not respond when the accelerator pedal was engaged. after researching this incident there have been numerous reports of the same exact issue. on 10/30/11, drove car 2 miles to church and backed car into parking space along tree line. the car certainly has all the symptoms of the recall for that model and year i smell a rat do you? Went out next morning, car started fine, put into gear, car would not move. updated 04/01/14, As i was entering onto the highway instead of accelerating the car decelerated and was losing power and rpm's went way too high then it should of. /TR[/Identity/Identity/Identity/Identity] the vehicle was taken to a local repair facility where the contact was advised that the throttle body was defective and recommended a fuel injection service. the vehicle was under warranty. My car would not go into forward or reverse. Thanks. See all videos for the 2005 Mercury Montego. i was driving my car one night and it would not go forward, the more i press the accelerator the more it did not move. Over the past 10 years, Hans has been focused on building CarCareKiosk, which is visited by millions of drivers each month. i don't know why they have not had a recall on the transmissions since there are hundreds of complaints on the internet with this same exact problem. After driving car 20 minutes and once the car engine heats up the transmission begins to buck and jerk while driving under 40 mph. the failure mileage was 40,525. the contact stated while driving the vehicle suddenly accelerated, the message ( engine failed safe mode ) illuminated on the instrument panel which caused the vehicle to stall. car moved forward some 1 to 2 ft.. killed engine, turned it on again with foot on brake car proceeded to move. The contact was awaiting the call back when the complaint was filed. >\B&viS]jdiWfIRI 2O-OlQ5=PN~3Aiv{&P\4?;s5^gK_E/>.mds)hQ|K"tsO>+)4?R.3, _q)r%pOHh{3}h->JGq_-4nN6JUqw?[?8Zjg(/[ Car remained parked for about 30 minutes and a second attempt was made. ford refused to assume any of the cost for replacement. prior to the failure, the engine rpms erroneously increased and the vehicle surged forward. Too many times to count 25 30 even more. the contact did not allow the dealer to inspect any further. the failure mileage was 95,275. documented this complaint on first trip to dealer after buying car. a week later we put the fuse back in & smoke started coming from the mirror,again, so we pulled the fuse & have left it out. when gradually applying the breaks, the car would begin to shudder. in january 2010, i called my dealer to set an appointment to have my transmission fluid changed as a maintenance call, and was told that ford does not recommend that you change your fluid until 150,000 miles, is that normal? the vehicle is being moved to the nearest mercury dealer. the vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the transmission was defective and needed to be replaced. *jb, I own a 2005 mercury montego fwd 6 speed. this is a well known issue that ford needs to recall. for example, a car approaching from the rear, upon seeing faulty backup lights on may swerve to avoid. Before I go further we first took it to the Ford dealership to see how muchit would cost they said it would start about 4,000 dollars we could not afford that and took it to a transmission place and it was finally fixed after being in the shop 14 day due to the fact that he could not get parts or anything from the Ford parts department. the car has never been abused, been in an accident, and maintenance performed at or sooner than recommended. using the above referenced adapter and fill plug and pressurization system (aka, Transporter/Evacuator/Injector system) through the smaller access port in the center of the drain plug. Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. << The contact called the manufacturer who stated that someone would get back with her. *tr. at first i thought a tire blew up, but once i stopped i saw the bar broke in the center hanging from the chassis and the other part hanging from the wheel. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for a diagnostic test who diagnosed that the mechatronics unit needed to be replaced. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners. this occurs while the car is in motion. *jb, Rear brakes dust badly and have excessive wear. no other problem until i was at a stop light on way to destination. killed engine, turned back on. the manufacturer was not notified of the failure. the vehicle was not repaired. June 2012 the transmission was replaced by a Ford dealership for 5,000. there was no sign before it happen, at the moment it happen it sounded like a tire being blown up and it may feels like such. the reverse gear is unusable, as soon as you put it in reverse it shuts the car off. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for a diagnostic test who diagnosed that the mechatronics unit needed to be replaced. the vehicle was not taken to an independent mechanic or dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact noticed that the passenger side wheel well was in flames and the wheel well on the drivers side was emitting smoke. All Rights Reserved. Child Door Locks. the vehicle was taken back to the dealer who stated that the transmission needed to be replaced. the failure mileage was approximately 178,000 and the current mileage was approximately 179,000. The most common causes for slow acceleration in Mercury Montego are clogged air filter, dirty mass air flow sensor (MAF), clogged fuel filter, fuel pump malfunction, faulty oxygen sensor, dirty throttle body, worn spark plugs and clogged catalytic converter. my vin number does not show up in the recall data base so the repair cost is being pushed to me. *TT, VEHICLES WITH A CVT TRANSAXLE, MAY EXHIBIT A FLUID LEAK FROM THE TRANSAXLE OIL PAN AREA. the contact was advised not to bring the vehicle in. *tr, I bought a 2005 mercury montego used in 2012. starting last year during extreme cold weather the drivers side door will open but when you go to close it the door will not latch. Updated 04/01/14. 2005 Jeep Wrangler vs. 2005 Chevrolet Blazer: Which One Should I Buy? time to issue a recall and admit there is a real safety problem here? I called Ford back and spoke to a supervisor and basically stated that they would not and will not over turn that decision. Had to be replaced. the vehicle was repaired. my concern is that ford will not or wont stand behind their cars. When the dealership replaced the transmission, there should have been a guarantee that the car was properly repaired, not just a guess! My side door latches freeze in cold weather due to water intrusion. NOW what to do?? we were stunned because we thought the montego was a relatively safe vehicle. Check engine light, the throttle control/transmission lamp warnings came on. the contact stated that the vehicle's check engine light continues to illuminate. my local ford garage has tried reprogramming the tcm with no success (first tsb). this time i was ready to back out af a parking space, put the car in reverse and it surged backward. now again the check engine light has come on so i took the vehicle in for service. 4400 Jenifer St, NW Car moved forward some 1 to 2 ft.. killed engine, turned it on again with foot on brake car proceeded to move. We have had it to a dealer with no results other than telling us they put in a different transmission for $5600 and no guarantees that that is the absolute problem. My personal belief it that it is some kind of sensor or electrical issue. The dealer and transmission shops are perplexed to the solution of the problem. one caliper had locked up and destroyed the rotor and the other caliper has badly damaged the other rotor. the contact stated that after shifting into gear, the vehicle lunged forward abnormally. so my question is..how many people have to die before the nhtsa will pressure the ford motor company into making their cars safe to operate on the american roadways? the contact was driving at speeds of 20 mph. THE RECALL BEGAN ON DECEMBER 1, 2005. keeps going into "failsafe engine mode" and the wrench light comes on but only for a few moments, then runs normally again after restarting. the contact and the driver extinguished the fire. my car would not go into forward or reverse. this only happens when braking or increasing speed. when turning, the larger size mirror reflects cars that are behind you, yet appear to be coming from the side. Engine Size (liters/cubic inches) 3.0/182. the mechanic believed this caused the transmission to jerk. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, there was a loud abnormal sound heard as all of the warning lamps illuminated and the vehicle stalled.. Something needs to be done since there are so many of us having the same problem. the contact stated that while driving, the vehicle began to jerk and knock and when she depressed the accelerator pedal, the speed would not increase. facebook me [xxx] and let's get a plan. the current mileage was approximately 58,000 and the failure mileage was approximately 55,000. Sometimes, during the same scenario, the car will shift momentarily into what seams to be neutral causing engine RPM to spike from 2,000 RPM up to 6,000 RPM. *TT, INCORRECT COMPASS INFORMATION IN OWNERS GUIDE AND WORK SHOP MANUAL. 2005 Mercury Montego We have a massive and growing video library, but we don't have everythingyet. these cars are very hardy and i suspect there are many of them still on the road with this issue. who is willing at the nhtsa to put their family in an 2005 mercury montego knowing that the transmission control module could malfunction at any time causing their family to be stranded on a freeway or in a busy intersection? replaced the dash cluster and car ran great for 2 days then started all again. when i found this recall and called my local ford dealer, they stated that i was not covered under this recall and that it doesn't even show up in the system. Manufacturers tell dealers about repairs for on your car. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. The contact owns a 2005 Mercury Montego. the vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician advised that the brake pads, rotors and stabilizer link needed to be replaced. *lj Tl* the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego. Sport SUVs are a class all of their own; these vehicles are meant for a fun drive through the woods and across the trail but not necessarily to Grandmas house! If you desire that the transmission fluid level and condition be inspected and, if you have concerns regarding the shift linkage, due to the complexity of these particular repairs, it is highly recommended that at least the first time you do them, you seek a professional to work with you. Passenger Airbag. This became hazardous when I was trying to come out of a parking lot onto a busy street and the forward propulsion would hesitate closing the safe gap between oncoming cars and myself. *nm, Tl* - the contact owns a 2005 mercury montego premier. we basically do not trust the car to travel any where because it is unsafe. Car companies often use the same engines in different cars. If the light turns solid or blinks, the On Board Diagnostics System has detected a malfunction. i commute 400 miles/week, and fear that this is a potential safety hazard that needs to be addressed and corrected. then the car completely lost power. We own a 2005 mercury montego premier. one light remained on after ignition was off. My 2005 mercury nontego has 62550 mi on car heard noise in transmission and took to dealership and it needs a new transmission after looking on line numerous poeple have had problems between 54,000 mi and 67000, mi , the transmission needed to be replaced i called ford corporation and they stated because there is no extended warranty on the vechile they can not do anything for me . how i have been treated with this defect could be construed as criminal. i am representing my parent do to my vehicle mechanical background. if there have been no other complaints filed, i guess i should just maybe let ford motor co. know about the problem. The video above shows how to locate the on board diagnostics OBD plug location on your 2005 Montego, how to read the trouble codes and how to reset or clear the check engine light using a scanner on your Montego. The engine was turned off and on until it reset itself. had to be replaced. The failure occurred intermittently at highway speeds. this is a know problem to ford/mercury that the brakes are failing on ford 500s and mercury montegos. when driving our 2005 montego all of the dash instruments and gauges will go out, and you loose some power, the rear lights go on. last night, rear door was frozen shut due to water seepage. *tr, 1check engine light (gas emisions) 2. failure is once a month then light goes off this is a very dangerous situation as people could have been close to the car when it lunged, or i could have been in traffic. the vehicle was taken to the dealer who performed a diagnostic which located the failure at the throttle body sensor. *tr, Vehicle was started first thing in morning and driven approximately 25' when the transmission seemed to disengage and warning lights came on. also, the design needs to be investigated as why the rapid failure. needless to say, if ford chooses to continue to ignore this safety issue i will not be buying anymore of their products. /Length 9463 2005 Mercury Montego Premier Sedan $7,995 39,625 miles No accidents, 3 Owners, Personal use only 6cyl Automatic Mac-D Motors (Chula Vista, CA) AWD/4WD Heated seats Leather Seats Upgraded. 2023 BMW i7. It ran as if there was never a problem! the driver, passenger or both doors will not latch/lock when in below freezing temperatures. Check Engine Light / Diagnose Check Engine Light is On: 2005 Mercury Montego Premier 3.0L V6 Mercury Montego Model Years - 2005, 2006, 2007 1. August 2011, the transmission started to violently jerk and act as if it were in neutral. the vehicle was taken to another mechanic who stated that the vehicle needed new brake pads. Avoid tickets and accidents with both working headlights! *tr. this is clearly defective!!!! the vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle body control unit failed and needed to be replaced. while driving 35 mph the temperature gauge went from normal to zero and then back up to normal. *TT, MAF DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE TIP VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH EGR SYSTEM MODULE (ESM). to replace is quite expensive, but in doing some research i have come across thousands of complaints on the same issue, and it's extremely scary and concerning that a safety recall has not been done. . Base price: $28,245. i immediately called the shop where the transmission was put in, and was told to bring the car there immediately. Is it OK to drive with a check engine light on? 552(b)(6). the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. Vehicle was started first thing in morning and driven approximately 25' when the transmission seemed to disengage and warning lights came on. i was told by the mechanic that i was lucky to get 33000 miles out of my car. Approx. While driving approximately 60 mph the vehicle began to jerk forward and decelerate while depressing the accelerator pedal. this was a well know safety issue by ford. ford, what do you think? drivers behind me stay clear, thinking i am backing up. i then proceeded to call or who i thought was ford the manufacturer to see if they would stand behind their vehicle. they say that numerous of there customer have the same problem with this model. i contacted ford in dearborn, michigan a few times and only got the response - sorry there is nothing we can do because there is no recalls - i feel like screaming that with a transmission that would make you feel like you are riding a bucking bronco and then it would shift to another grear and then just idle in the middle of the street and you would think great it's going to just stop and someone is going to run into the back of me and worst the side of the car - if that isn't a safety issue i don't know what is - please check into this go online and check the complaints -also, the car only has 61,000 miles on it and that is the complaints from others online. will the recall repair? the contact stated that while driving 35 mph, the check engine and transmission light illuminated and immediatetly after the vehicle stalled. while on my way to the shop the same day, numerous times i would push the accelerator and the car would do nothing, it would not go at all and then would accelerate after approx. The most common cause of carbon build up on the spark plugs is unburned fuel, also known as "running rich". the vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The bulb is a dual filament bulb. middleton high school tampa yearbook,
Meghan Markle Without Wig, Independence, Missouri Police, Articles OTHER